Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone and please add me to the greeting above. (Credit's go to Nini's Notions - You can find her kits at Digitals.) It's one I made for my daughter, son-in-law and grandson to send out this year. As usual I've been so busy scrapping for others that I haven't gotten around to doing any cards for myself.

Christmas this year has been different. Usually I've got tons of gifts, tons of sweets & candies, and tons of traditions. We normally have a tree trimming party, a cookie party, big Christmas Eve get together with extended family, Christmas morning with Santa, Christmas Brunch and Christmas Supper with immediate family. This year the tree trimming party was abbreviated. Since Bryce is at the age where he can't resist pulling the ornaments off the tree, I only put up one tree with only shatterproof ornaments on it - it looks pretty sad compared to Christmas past but the old stuff will come out when he is older. No cookie party either - Bryce is too young to enjoy it and I simply couldn't mustard the energy for the mess it makes. As Christmas Eve was out this year. My mom and Uncle are fighting cancer and although they are doing really good, it's not good for them to be around a lot of people. One cousin had call at the hospital and most have little ones now of their own and it's just easier for them to be home with them on Christmas Eve. I miss this get together but hopefully we will find a way to renew it next year - maybe on another night. Christmas morning is still on - of course - but Brunch will be replaced with a pancake breakfast - much easier to cook.

I've also replaced the tons of gifts with one or two that are really wanted or needed. My grandson will still get lots of stuff but I'm really feeling a need to focus more on the reason for the season than the commercial aspect of the season. I mean we are celebrating CHRISTmas - the birth of Jesus. God's only son sent to Earth in the form of a human baby so that He would be the perfect sacrifice for our sins so that we would not be doomed to Hell's fire but could be forgiven of our sins and life forever in Heaven with out Lord. Amen.
It is my sincere wish that all of you enjoy a wonderful Christmas season, are surrounded by your loved ones, and enjoy a year full of health and happiness. I have also left you a Christmas gift of a QP from my newest kit.

Download QP here: http://www.4shared.com/file/77475364/d3860610/JoniV_AngelQP.html
You can get the kit this QP came from by following this link to RAKScraps and downloading it from their site. The Kit is free but since it is part of their Member's Mega Kit, they ask that you only download it through their site. There are tons of other freebie kits there too. So enjoy.

Link to RAKScraps download site: http://www.rakscraps.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19008&page=2

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years


No comments: