Monday, January 2, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Freebies - Day 8

Well we're on the down hill side of these freebies now. These Maids and Lords are a little more difficult to make page borders out of but I did my best and think it looks pretty good. Yesterday was pretty quiet. I cooked the traditional Southern New Year's dinner of  Hoppin' Johns (black-eyed peas & rice), Collards, baked Sweet Potatoes, thick-sliced bacon and cornbread. My Dad and SIL gave me the best compliment in the world when they declared it the "best they had ever eaten." I was simply over joyed as my Dad never compliments my food - he likes things plain & simple like my mom and grandmother made it and seasoned with fried meat grease; I like to experiment and try to cook things a little more light and healthy. So you see my surprise.

I plan on spending today clean up. The house, my computer, scrap files, etc - wish me luck on getting that done - and catching up on some things. I've got so much that needs to done. But enough of that. Here's what you came for. Day 8.
 
Just click the image above to go to download. And remember to leave some love as I oh so love to read your comments.

3 comments:

boop52245 said...

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful gifts these past few days

MonkingsMusings said...

This series is so cute. THANK you!

redjanfan said...

so cute, thank you